Students, parents and teachers celebrated Concrete’s Awards evening on Thursday 22 January. It was a night to remember for all who attended, with over 90 awards on the night.
Tilly Willy, ex British Commonwealth and World Boxing champion presented the prizes and spoke to students about achieving one’s goals in life. Tilly is launching his own foundation to help children achieve their dreams. His warmth and encouragement were felt by all, children sat with open mouths, totally engrossed in his highly motivational and entertaining speech. Afterwards Billy signed autographs, posed for pictures and spoke to children and guests. The Concrete Quintet, led by Miss Goodhead, and the Concrete vocal group gave a great performance, adding real style to the evening. Awards were presented for academic achievement, contribution to the school and community and for special categories such as perseverance in the face of adversity and outstanding GCSE achievement.
It was a fantastic evening, enjoyed by everyone who attended and helped the Concrete Family to celebrate achievement of its students.
Main Awards were:
Daisy Bussell – Female Sports Personality of the Year
Lascelle McGoat – Male Sports Personality of the Year
And Concrete Award winners
1) Academic Achievement (Highest GCSE results) – Aneta Amran
2) Achievement in the face of adversity – Barry Mahmood
3) Perseverance in the face of adversity – Arnold McLoughlin
4) Creative Achievement – John Conway
5) Service to the Community – Cliff Doyle and Thomas Kidd
6) Service to the School – Ken Doherty
7) Attendance – Kirsty Wark
8) Headteacher Award – Keith Salton and Terry Robinson